Search This Blog

Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Bye bye

The song that was in my head this morning as I put on some clothes and initially attributed to some boy band (going as far as thinking it might be West Life) and then completely forgot about so it took me most of my afternoon to remember? The Four Season's (you'll excuse me for not keeping proper track of the right name here) "Bye Bye Baby." And I only had the chorus stuck in my head, and I didn't know the lyrics to the song until 20min ago when I looked them up, and I can see my brain did a great job finding fitting lines for the thoughts in my head. Here, let me show you why:





If you hate me after what I say
I can't put it off any longer
I just got to tell you anyway

Bye bye baby, baby goodbye (bye baby, baby bye bye)
Bye bye baby, don't make me cry (bye baby, baby bye bye)

You're the one girl in town I'd marry
Girl I'd marry you now if I were free
I wish it could be

I could love you, but why begin it
'Cause there ain't any future in it
She's got me and I'm not free so

Bye bye baby, baby goodbye (bye baby, baby bye bye)
Bye bye baby, don't make me cry (bye baby, baby bye bye)

Guess I never will know you better
Wish I knew you before I met her
Gee, how good you would be for me

Should have told you that I can't linger
There's a wedding band on my finger
She's got me and I'm not free so

Bye bye baby, baby goodbye (bye baby, baby bye bye)
Bye bye baby, don't make me cry (bye baby, baby bye bye) 

For what it's worth, I'm almost done being sad about SmTn. Well, I'll always be sad about it, and I'll always think of him with a smile. What I mean is that I'm no longer sad enough to want to break into tears about it.

[Halloween edit]
Now I know why I almost thought it might have been Westlife. The version I was thinking of wasn't the Four Seasons', it was the Bay City Rollers'. Mystery solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment