Search This Blog

Monday, 20 May 2013

I'm not even that proud

Just finished watching Intouchables. All in French, no subtitles. I did need the help of the script, a French dictionary and a (fortunately not quite so useless) online translator (turns out slang and idioms are a bitch). It only took me 5-6 hours. Maybe I'll do better next time. Amélie? I could watch without subtitles and I wouldn't miss out on much. Cyrano de Bergerac? I can watch it without subtitles and I would know most (if not all) of what was said. Baby steps.

It wasn't that good, to be honest. The highlight of the whole film, if you ask me, is the soundtrack. That piano is seriously good. Made me briefly remember the times when the piano from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was a huge deal. Then I remembered talking to mum today about the scam EBF is in and I went back to focusing on the film. Which didn't prove much better. I'm sorry, I just didn't like it. I'm not a fan of the story, I'm not particularly moved by the characters, I can't even say I liked the conversations (and that's even though I can see why they're supposed to be highlights of the film). I plain just didn't like it. While I'm at it, let me just mention that I watched Cloud Atlas a few nights ago and that was also a waste of time. I fell in love with Frobisher and Sixsmith (couldn't you have guessed that?) but beyond that, I just didn't see the point in it. It was beautifully made, I'm just not sure it was worth making. 

No comments:

Post a Comment