Search This Blog

Monday, 22 April 2013

Zoobi do, no shame in it

It's now a week. I can't get the song out of my head. I'm playing it on a loop even now as I type. I'm not ashamed to admit it. It makes me happy. And I want to be happy. It's a nice form of stress relief. Stress? Aunt A woke up late to go to the gym today, not unusual, it's fine. She left her breakfast dishes in the sink, so did I. After we got back from the gym I showered, studied a bit, got ready to leave early so she can make her doctor's appointment. That included having lunch around noon, which I did. While I re-heated yesterday's leftovers from lunch I saw the sink and decided to wash them while I was in the kitchen. Yesterday night the washing machine looked about ready to go so I didn't bother. Nothing out of the ordinary right? Well, when aunt A walked into the kitchen to tell me about some tragedy or other and how the world is out to get you and how she's absolutely justified in never trusting anything or anyone because the world is just such a horrible place, she asked why I hadn't put the dishes in the washing machine. It looked full enough last night. No biggie, you'd think. Well, as I was brushing my teeth she walked over to the bathroom, mad at me, asking if I'd really looked in the washing machine and telling me there was plenty of room! Excuse me? I wash the dishes you left in the sink (rather than leaving them yourself in the washing machine if it's such a big deal or doing anything with them at all though you were "doing chores around the house") and you have reason to get mad at me because I didn't put them in the machine? Which can still be filled tonight or whenever, it's not like the dishes are going anywhere? Zoobi doobi time. Zoobi doobi. 



No comments:

Post a Comment