Search This Blog

Monday, 15 April 2013

Bollywood, it's nice to finally meet you

What a splendid introduction to Bollywood! I just finished watching 3 idiots. Details later, because I have a killer headache. Suffice it to say I really liked all almost three hours of it.

[April 16th edit]

So... 3 idiots had quite a lot to offer. It's a dramedy (and the drama is more than I've seen touched upon in most films I've seen: it's not like every comedy includes 3 suicides) with winks at soap opera, some mockery of film romance and an over-the-top musical component. It should be a recipe for disaster, especially since it also has a moral, but it somehow works. The funny parts are funny, the sad parts are sad, the message is clear and pleasant to hear and the music is catchy. It's a film I'd watch again and I've been tempted to do so before I'm done with exams, which is not a good idea but should hint at how much I liked the movie. 

[Wednesday afternoon edit]
You know what? I'm just going to come out and say it: Aamir Khan is my new celebrity crush.

No comments:

Post a Comment