Search This Blog

Friday, 19 April 2013

Because it makes me smile

It's not a completely innocent smile. This is the third time I watch 3 idiots. In one week. One week. (5 days 6 days, actually, which is to say I've spent 9 12 hours out of 120 144 watching 3 idiots). As soon as I was done reading the last of what goes into the exam I gave in to the movie... because singing "Zoobi Doobi" wasn't cutting it anymore. I started playing the song over and over. I looked up the lyrics. It's not like I understand any Hindi (though being able to see the similarities with Latin in the forms of "you," second person singular, "me"/"I," "what" and "why" is pretty awesome). But I'm getting the hang of the pronunciation and I already sort of know what the lyrics say so... Yeah, I can now sort of sing along to it. A completely pointless effort.

Unrelated, I don't know when I'll have the time or money to do so, but I intend to fully finish learning French and German. When I'm done, I have to add Russian, Mandarin, Hindi and Japanese to the list. Oh Dumbledore, how I envy you...

At any rate, I'm not completely sorry. Watching the film made me smile. Singing the song makes me smile. I'd rather crave something that makes me happy than indulge in misery. I'm proud of Yep2 for the awesomeness that is his job and the things he gets invited to and the people he gets to work with. I'm excited to see a band he knows personally performing here. I asked my sister and she's in. I couldn't help myself and told EBF... who read the message and promptly did nothing. Fuck it. I watched 3 idiots and it made me smile. My only complaint about the film is that the kiss in the end is less passionate than I would have hoped for. What's that about a kiss where he keeps his eyes open in stunned amazement and not only doesn't move his lips but keeps them tightly shut, eh? Oh! And his hands in his pockets! Not good for hopeless romantics, not good at all... 


PS: Where is SmTn? He said he'd write... I am disappoint...

No comments:

Post a Comment