Search This Blog

Monday, 4 March 2013

Are you kidding me?

Hundert prozent serious: are you fucking kidding me?

I made myself a Greek-style inspired salad with pistachios, goat cheese and anchovies tonight. I ate at the table with aunt A and uncle A and left with a granola bar to eat in my room while I looked at a few things on the internet. I did not, like I usually do, clean up the dishes before leaving because I didn't quite feel like doing the dishes.

Aunt A came to my room before I had time to finish the granola bars to inform me: "You left the pistachio shells and the tin of anchovies out, you know. I put them away for you." And she said it with this tone... like I'm "the help" and she's the sort of person who uses such terms. Now, yes I left the pistachio shells and the tin out on the cutting board but consider... aunt A usually leaves a heap of rubbish right next to the sink. Not in the rubbish bin (which, mind you, is right under the sink) but next to the sink. And I'm the one who does the dishes and puts her mess away. Often, a mess that has been left there well past dinner time is over. (Note I'm not even scratching the surface of the subject of cleanliness in this house.)

So, someone please tell me, where is she coming from all high and fucking mighty telling me such things in such a tone?

*Nazgûl shriek*

No comments:

Post a Comment