Search This Blog

Monday, 11 February 2013

Ye [sic] olde blog post

It's been a while. I probably shouldn't waste time writing a blog post when I have exams to study for, but it sort of cannot be helped: I've been writing a post in my head most of today (and bits of other days). It will be a somewhat random compilation.

To get it out of the way first, aunt A did make good on her promise to get me a hair salon appointment. If I had to guess I'd say one of the hold backs was how much she thought it would cost (three times what it actually cost), assuming a simple haircut would cost as much as everything she gets done. The haircut itself is not bad, the hairdresser's technique I do have a problem with. I noticed she cut large sections of hair when the shears were perpendicular to my hair, which is a big no-no. Not to mention there's no knowing how sharp her shears were to begin with... I took issue with the girl doing my hair because it was obvious to me she was a rookie and that might have been all right if she hadn't tangled my hair so much that it tore out from the root when they later tried to untangle it. I don't have that much hair to begin with... Moreover, something tells me I may get split ends, the real deal problem, in two months' time. I'll wait and see.... wait and see... I may end up just getting my hair trimmed in different places until I find someone who can do it well and can be trusted with more. Odd, that I should only just now worry so much about how my hair is cut... To summarise, then: aunt A made good on the hair appointment promise. 

While we're on the subject of aunt A, I should mention that in an almost unheard of gesture today she cooked lunch, and "real lunch" (as opposed to what I usually eat around here, which no longer even includes regular servings of salad). Since she had done the cooking I washed the dishes, fair and square. At night I took a little issue with her deliberately not getting up to do anything and only leaving the dishes next tot he sink, full of water. "Work song (Cinderelly)" played in my head while I washed tonight's dishes.

Since I woke up, the song in my head before that was "Le Festin" by Camille. 




Sometime after I got out of class it turned into "Non, je ne regrette rien" for a little while. 




It may or may not have anything to do with today's act of rebellion: wearing a dress. Today's dress was just an oversized, down-to-my-knees off-white t-shirt with dark blue drawings of flowers and vines. Aunt A said nothing of it and I'm glad. A student on the bus asked me if I'd gotten it in Africa. He mentioned he comes from Africa and my dress looks exactly like some traditional (?) dresses worn there, often worn by people with the Peace Corps. I now like the dress a little more for its (if only pretense) ethnicity.


Remember that dream I had, about inventing discos? Well, I left AOB a message on facebook telling him about it (only about the inventing part, nothing about him being in the dream). He saw the message a while ago bot responded only today: "quaint." He made me look up the word's definition and the definition made me uncomfortable because of vibes I've mentioned before that I hesitate to utter. There should be more to this, but I think I'll stop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment