Search This Blog

Sunday, 4 November 2012

Déjà vu, make-up edition

Remember that dream I had with my hairdresser telling me I do, indeed, have green eyes? Well, aunt A and I went to the mall yesterday and stopped by the Lancôme counter to get a 10 day foundation sample. While we were there, the saleswoman offered me to have my make-up done by the make-up artist who was visiting. A very lovely young man. When he asked whether I'd like purples or browns for my eyes he mentioned purples would make my eyes pop, because they're green. It's a silly thing to say, but it's nice to be told that my eyes are indeed green. If a make-up artist says it then it must be true, right? He didn't say hazel or light brown. He said green. He would know, wouldn't he? I don't know... I suppose I like thinking of my eyes as being green. I think it somehow makes them special. Silly vain moment over.

It would only be fair to mention that aunt A is being extra-nice lately. It may or may not be related to the fact that I cried myself to sleep when aunt MT left and I couldn't get rid of the puffy eyes and she probably knew I was miserable. Whatever the reason, she's offered me make-up and is trying to be nice and I have to give her credit for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment