Search This Blog

Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Goodbye, aunt MT

We got back from driving aunt MT to the airport a while ago. I'd caught myself getting a little teary eyed last night and today, but I made sure to stay calm even as I said goodbye an hour ago. 

I changed back into my pyjamas, turned off the lights, jumped into bed and a call came in from a payphone. Aunt MT thought she hadn't said goodbye to me and thought she'd call before going on the plane to do so, telling me she and everyone are proud of me and wish me all the best, that she loves me, that she sends me a hug and a kiss. Now, I'm not one for such things. It was all I could do to say "All right, same to you. Goodbye!" and after I hung up I broke down and now I can't stop crying. It occurred to me only now that it's not out of the realm of possibility that we may never meet again. It hit me only now that even by aunt A's reckoning I'd been a lot happier with her around and I hadn't even noticed. 

May God (the one she believes in) and all other good gods bless her. Bless her. Bless her uncountably many times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment