Search This Blog

Sunday, 19 August 2012

Virtual high five

Seven hours away, as fast as the Earth spins, a massive high five to SmTn for linking The Beatles' "I'll follow the Sun" in his latest e-mail.




[couple of days after the fact edit:]
I was slow to post this. I realised this quite a bit earlier (read: that night when I googled the lyrics). Yes, the lyrics. Turns out the song is not so much about being happy and following the Sun, as I might have thought, and rather about an ultimatum made to end a relationship. Not so cheery anymore, is it?And that's about it, really. I just wanted to say that yes, I understand that my high five makes absolutely no sense when you take the lyrics into consideration because pretty much any explanation is a terrible one. Ranging from "I don't want to be your friend any more" to "I might be thinking of dumping my girlfriend" none of it sounds good. Anyway, I just wanted to say that the virtual high five was for the (I thought) cheery, catchy song I thought was so sweet. Maybe, that's exactly the only reason he sent it and he never looked up the lyrics either. Not that I've looked up the lyrics of every song I've sent his way... (though I don't suppose hope I've sent anything inappropriate)

No comments:

Post a Comment