Search This Blog

Friday, 20 July 2012

I'm calling it now

There was a family reunion today. My aunts came over for breakfast and that means I was around family from 10am to 8pm. Too long for me. I would have gone out for dinner with AOB but he had a family reunion of his own and cancelled. Makes me wonder who else is coming with us. 

I should have called EBF. He hasn't been online. I told him I'd let him know when I was free to have dinner and technically I've been free for at least 3-4 meals (lunch/dinner) this week. My excuse to myself is that he hasn't been online, which must mean he's been busy. Either busy moving or otherwise entertained (say, with N2). Busy is as busy does. Now I'm being silly, but I keep telling myself that I didn't have to get back to him, even if I told him I would. I'm pretending being broke, or being busy, or thinking I know he's busy is a valid excuse not to see him. The truth is that I even considered inviting him over the day I baked AOB the cake so we could sit down and have dessert here but decided against it. In the end, the real reason is I don't want to see him. Well, I don't completely want to, anyway. I'm afraid to meet him. I'm afraid to go out and be stuck having to gulp down food to make everything be over as quickly as possible because I can guess we won't have an awful lot of talking to do. There's a very good chance that we won't meet until the farewell reunion. If he makes it.


It seems I'll have to put together a family and friends reunion (of course, because it's cheaper). Boy... that will really be quite a mess.

Back on the subject of family reunions, though, I'll take the time to frown upon sexist homophobic jokes now because no one needs to prove anything by telling them or laughing at them and I refuse to accept them in any context. I'm quite sure LC1 is a lesbian (though I don't suppose she's fully aware yet) and all hell will break loose (especially on her father's side) when she comes out. The poor dear... 


[July 23rd edit]
You know what? Never mind being guilty about not having called EBF. He's not even in town. If I had to guess, I'd say he hasn't been in town all week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment