Search This Blog

Tuesday, 1 March 2011

It had been a while... that was very unsettling

I had a nightmare last night. I didn't get to write it right away, courtesy of the fact that I woke up midsleep and my computer was off and I needed my 3 hours of sleep (darn those dishonest students!).

First thing I remember is the black-haired guy from Nip/Tuck. He went through something that should have left him quite badly hurt, full of cuts, and yet he was unharmed. Well, after a while lots of scratches and cuts started showing all over him. Then there was a voice, that of a man's, talking in the background. He was a serial killer, or at least at that degree of sick. He was fascinated by the cuts, and the cuts kept growing, like he was somehow causing them. The cuts were uniform in distribution, but quite small. However, the cuts gradually ate away at the man's skin and muscles, until there was nothing more than bones and a splatter of the tiniest bits of flesh, a very fine spatter. This made the madman grow excited, he showed a morbid, and yet almost childish, curiosity and excitement. I woke up to this very disturbing image.

My room's door was open, and I could see a figure. I imagined it must have been my grandmother unable to sleep, but then I realised two things: though the figure was that of an old woman, she was wearing a very old-fashioned night gown (the kind with long, frilly sleeves) and had long white hair, let loose. I knew it wasn't my grandmother, then, and even remember having seen this woman before in the kitchen some night. And then I woke up. For real this time. Terrified of the old woman.

As a side note, I seem to remember bits of dreams involving an odd crossover between RuPaul's Drag Race and America's Next Top Model, in particular, I remember Mystique. Not really a nightmare, don't get me wrong. Just the usual kind of weird in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment