Search This Blog

Monday, 17 January 2011

Danish cookies recipe

Only because I know I'll forget where I saved it (and under what name), I decided to put it down in the blog. I modified a recipe I found online and it turns out they're very much perfect danish cookies.

Ingredients:
- 250g of butter
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- cinnamon (dash)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- nutmeg (dash)
- 1/2 teaspoon of orange zest
- 1/4 cup of cream
- 1/4 cup of corn starch
- 1 tablespoon (probably heaped elsewhere) of baking powder
- 2 3/4 cups of flour

1. Make sure the butter is at room temperature. Beat it and add the sugar until it's light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the eggs along with the salt and everything aromatic.
3. Sift the flour with the corn starch and baking powder. Add to the previous mix.
4. Shape the cookies and freeze them for 10-15min before popping them in a 180ºC oven.

Just for kicks I sprinkled them with nuts, chocolate chips and everything else I could find.

I'm shutting the blog down, making sure it's visible only to me. I'd hate to find people have stolen my recipe. In case I forget and decide to make it public again, here's a tip: bake the cookies and enjoy them, but don't reproduce my recipe without my consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment